Receiving professional dental care helps you maintain a healthy, attractive smile. Not only does your dentist monitor your oral health and provide prompt diagnoses and treatments, but we can also repair and conceal smile imperfections with restorative and cosmetic dental services.
Restorative vs. Cosmetic Dentistry
Restorative dentistry involves any dental treatment that focuses on restoring or repairing damaged teeth, gums, and oral tissues and structures. Common restorative dental treatments include:
- Tooth fillings - to remove tooth decay and restore teeth with cavities
- Dental bridges - to replace one or more missing teeth in a row
- Dental implants - to permanently replace missing teeth, from the root to the crown
- Tooth bonding - to repair chips, breaks, cracks, and fractures
- Dental crowns - to restore and protect teeth weakened by root canal therapy, decay, and damage
Cosmetic dentistry primarily focuses on dental aesthetics and improving the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums, or bite. The following services can improve one’s dental position, shape, size, colour, alignment, and overall appearance:
- Teeth whitening - to remove stains and whiten teeth by several shades
- Dental veneers - to attain a perfect smile and conceal cracks, discoloration, mild gaps or misalignments, and fractures
- Onlays and inlays - to restore your smile’s function and appearance affected by wear, decay, or damage
- Dental crowns - to cover misshapen, discoloured, or asymmetrical teeth
- Dental bridges - to replace the gaps in your smile caused by tooth loss
- Orthodontics - to straighten crooked teeth and align your bite
- Aesthetic bonding - to cover and reshape teeth that are too short, dark, crooked, or damaged
- Dental implants - to replace missing teeth, support your facial muscles, and refresh your smile
Can a General Dentist Do Cosmetic or Restorative Dental Treatments?
A general dentist like Dr. Joo can perform cosmetic and restorative dental care. A general dentist is skilled, experienced, and trained in various aspects of dentistry so they can meet your oral health and aesthetic goals.
Contact Your General Dentist in Etobicoke
Do you need a cosmetic or restorative dental treatment? If so, we invite you to contact our Toronto dental office to book an appointment with our general dentist in Etobicoke. Dr. Young Joo is highly skilled in various aspects of dentistry, including cosmetic and restorative services.