Invisalign in Etobicoke
Living with crooked or misaligned teeth reshapes your life in many ways. You may feel self-conscious or embarrassed about your smile and hide during pictures. The process of hiding a part of yourself can affect your confidence. You may have difficulties keeping your teeth clean when they overlap, which puts you at a higher risk for periodontal disease or fractures to your teeth. You might feel frustrated that you didn’t get your teeth straightened when you were younger, and now you think you’ve outgrown traditional metal braces.
You might have thought about straightening your teeth, but who wants to wear metal braces to the next board meeting at work? Would people take you seriously in a professional setting with metal hardware?
What would life be like if you could straighten your teeth discreetly, with no one noticing? Can you imagine yourself with a beautiful, straight smile?
Invisalign may just be the dental solution for you!
- What Is Invisalign?
- Why Straight Teeth Are Healthier for You
- What Issues Does Invisalign Fix?
- What Can I Expect from Invisalign?
- What Are Pros and Cons of Invisalign?
- Meet Your Etobicoke Invisalign Experts
What Is Invisalign?
Instead of using traditional metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that apply low-force pressure to gradually straighten your teeth. Most Invisalign cases take around 12 to 18 months to complete. You’ll wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day and change them every two weeks. You’ll visit your dental provider every two to four weeks to make sure you’re progressing as planned.
Why Straight Teeth Are Healthier for You
Straightening your teeth is crucial to countering tooth decay, periodontal disease, and tooth loss. Not being able to fully clean and care for your teeth and gums can have a severe and adverse effect on your overall health if left untreated.
And, aside from keeping your smile healthy, teeth can shift position over time, so straightening them can remove up to 15 years off your appearance.
What Issues Does Invisalign Fix?
There are many health and aesthetic problems that getting Invisalign can fix for you. Some health issues include:
TMJ (Jaw Joint) Health
Did you know that a misaligned bite could also affect your jaw joint and contribute to a painful jaw disorder known as temporomandibular joint (TMJ)? People with TMJ pain may experience pain in or around the ear, headaches, and neck aches.
TMD (Jaw Joint) Dysfunction
People who suffer from grinding not only benefit from a well-aligned bite, Invisalign also helps with grinding. As long as they are a good candidate for the treatment, wearing an Invisalign aligner can relax the muscles involved in grinding and alleviate TMD symptoms. TMD is a disorder that can affect anyone and is frequently associated with stress. Those suffering from TMD endure severe pain and have problems eating or opening their mouth.
Difficulty with Teeth Cleaning
Crooked teeth are harder to clean. When teeth are misaligned, it is easier for pieces of food to get caught between teeth and need to be flossed. This is called food impaction and can lead to severe complications with your teeth and gums. The trapped food becomes a feast for bacteria, and even with good oral hygiene, it may be difficult to remove.
If you suffer from any of these issues, please visit our Etobicoke dental office. We will sit you down for an examination and describe the best treatments for your orthodontic needs.
What Can I Expect From Invisalign?
What patients love most about Invisalign is that the aligners are virtually invisible. Because of their snug fit, you’ll be able to smile, talk, and interact normally throughout your day, and no one will ever know that you’re straightening your teeth. Your Invisalign transformation starts with your local orthodontic professionals at Toronto Lakeshore Dental.
Aligners are removable, and you can remove them to eat, brush and floss your teeth, and even the occasional big event. Removable aligners mean that there are no diet restrictions as there are with traditional braces, and it also means that your home care routine won’t change. Invisalign is the perfect option for busy adults or teens looking for a discreet way to straighten their teeth, and the result is a smile you’ll be proud to share with others!
The benefits of Invisalign exceed the main task of straightening your teeth. You can whiten and protect your teeth from grinding at night when you were your aligners. They provide additional tooth protection during physical activities like biking or working out.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Invisalign?
- The biggest pro is their invisibility! When the aligners are in your mouth, no one else will know you are straightening your teeth. This is a great benefit for working adults who do not want to feel embarrassed or ashamed of straightening crooked teeth. You won’t have to feel the need to cover and hide your mouth during an important work meeting or presentation.
- When choosing wire braces, you’ll most likely have to wait years and years until you can see your straight teeth. Talk about prolonged satisfaction!
- If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, you will see great results in a much shorter time period. Many Invisalign wearers use the aligners for six months to two years (for more advanced cases).
- If you have minor problems (minor teeth crowding, minor spacing issues, etc.), you will most likely have to wear the aligners for only a short amount of time. To learn more about the time you’ll need to wear aligners, a consultation with one of our dentists is the first step. We can talk to you more about your options.
- Aside from being able to remove aligners for personal reasons, you can also thoroughly clean them. One of the biggest issues with wire braces is that they are a pain to clean around the wires and brackets. And we’ll give you suggestions on how to clean them properly, which products to use or not use, and other similar information.
- You don’t have to worry about getting carrots stuck in your braces. Traditional braces used to cause a lot of embarrassment after meals when certain foods became notorious for always sticking to your braces.
- Some people report they ate less with Invisalign since the process of taking aligners out and brushing your teeth each time is not worth a light snack.
- Invisalign is often quicker and more cost-effective than regular braces.
- You can misplace them easily. It’s not unusual for people to wrap their aligners in a napkin before eating, then forgetting them after the meal.
- It’s nice to have the option of taking them out, but for the straightening to work, you need to wear them for 22 hours per day.
- It can take some time getting used to having something in your mouth, and you might talk a little funny at first, but you will master talking quickly!
Meet Your Etobicoke Invisalign Experts
Toronto dentists Dr. Joo and Dr. Moore are certified Invisalign providers. This means they will determine if Invisalign treatment is right for you with an examination, photos, and x-rays. Using advanced 3-D imaging, our doctors will create your treatment plan; your aligners will be fabricated based on this plan. 3-D imaging also allows us to show you what your newly aligned smile will look like—even before treatment starts.
If you’ve considered straightening your smile, contact our dental office today to schedule a free consultation with one of our dentists. Don’t let crooked or misaligned teeth affect your oral health or hold you back from living the life you deserve any longer! Contact our Etobicoke dental clinic to learn more about how Invisalign can help straighten your smile.