Just like a house, your teeth require a solid foundation. It's your gums, and if your gums are not healthy, your teeth are at risk.
Ways to Protect your Gums and Teeth
Protecting your gums also ensures that your teeth remain healthy, and here's what you can do:
- Brush your teeth twice each day using the proper technique.
- Floss your teeth once each day to remove plaque from in between them.
- Visit your Etobicoke dentist every six months for teeth cleanings and checkups.
- Consider switching to an electric toothbrush to improve your brushing.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables to increase saliva flow and protect your teeth.
- Drink more water and avoid sugary beverages throughout the day.
Routine teeth cleanings remove the plaque buildup that causes gum disease. We can often treat gingivitis, the first stage of gum disease, with a professional cleaning and improvements to your home care routine.
Contact Our Etobicoke Dental Clinic
If you do need gum disease treatment in Etobicoke, your team at Toronto Lakeshore Dental can help. We're well equipped to help our patients manage all stages of gum disease, even if you are dealing with periodontitis (advanced gum disease) and need gum surgery.